Everybody knows that laughing feels good, but few realize how valuable these simple tools can be in improving our everyday wellness and wellbeing. Laughter cannot heal or solve anything, but it can help to heal and dissolve everything. That’s what World Laughter Day is for! It’s a day where people can relieve some stress and laugh. Discover a new happiness workout and learn about what happens during World Laughter Day!
Health benefits of laughter
Is there any better feeling than a deep-rooted belly laugh? Not only does it help us to connect with those we’re laughing with, but there are a number of health benefits that are associated with laughing as well. This includes the following…
- Produces a general sense of well-being – One of the main benefits associated with laughter is that you’re generally going to feel better! If you laugh a lot, you’re going to be more of a positive person, and this can impact your life in so many different ways.
- The release of endorphins is triggered – Endorphins are the natural painkillers within your body. They are released when you laugh. This can help you to feel good all over while easing chronic pain at the same time.
- Boost T-cells – Laughter can also boost T-cells. These are specialized cells in your immune system, which are simply waiting to be activated. When you laugh, T-cells are brought to life, and they can help you to fight off sickness. So, next time you feel like you have a cold coming on, why not add some giggling and chuckling to your prevention strategy?
- Improve cardiac health – Laughter is an exceptional cardio workout, particularly for anyone who is not able to do other types of physical activity because of illness or injury. It will get your heart pumping, enabling you to burn around a similar amount to the calories you would burn while walking at a slow to moderate pace.
- Work your abs – One of the advantages associated with laughter is that it will tone your abs. The muscles in your tummy begin expanding and contracting when you’re laughing. This is similar to when you exercise your abs intentionally. At the same time, the muscles that are not in use when you are laughing will get the chance to relax. Is there any better way to get a toned stomach than having a good laugh?
- Reduce stress hormone levels – Aside from this, a reduction in your level of stress hormones is another benefit! This helps to cut the stress and anxiety that impacts your body. Moreover, the reduction of stress hormones can cause a higher immune system performance.
- Lowers blood pressure – Last but not least, laughing can lower your blood pressure. This can reduce your risk of a heart attack or a stroke.