Create a Winning Business Plan – PART ONE
February 25, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
The basis of a successful business plan is a mind-blowing elevator pitch. An elevator pitch allows you to succinctly explain what separates your business from the others, what your business will offer and why it will succeed. There is no right or wrong way to write a business plan. You can pick a plan format that works best for you. What’s important is that your business plan meets your needs. Most business plans fall into one of two common categories: traditional or lean startup.
Traditional business plans are more common, use a standard structure, and encourage you to go into detail in each section. Traditional plans tend to require more work upfront. Lean startup business plans are less common, but still use a standard structure. They focus on summarizing only the most important points of the key elements of your plan. They can take as little as one hour to make and are typically just one page.
- Prove you are serious about business.
- Attract investors or buyers
- Set your business milestones
- Assess the feasibility of what you want to do
- Know that you know your competition and your customers
- Position your brand and uncover new opportunities
- Document your revenue model and understand your financial needs
- Reduce risk of failure and plan for changing conditions
- Compare your actual success vs. what you planned
- Forecast you’re your company’s staffing needs
This session with our Founder, Darlene Gagnon and your key decision makers walk thru a 5-step formula to build a winning business plan to use as your guide to meet and exceed your business milestones. Our business plan process and template will provide a guide that provides a roadmap for your business futures If you will help you start or revitalize your business and manage you’re your future goals. This two session walks prospective or experienced small business owners/entrepreneurs through all the key elements of a business plan and includes business plan templates and information that is more up-to-date and better applicable in today’s small business climate.
Two Part: 60-80 Minute Sessions
We will review key recommendations and strategies:
- Define your core competencies as a business.
- Define your targeted markets and customer profiles
- Establish your competitive position
- Evaluate your industry and outside influences that can affect your access
- Create a S.W.O.T Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats)
We will take the situational analysis and move into defining your objectives, initiatives, metrics and targets.
- Develop a balanced scorecard strategy in key business areas:
- Financial Goals
- Customer Goals
- Business Process Goals
- Learning and Growing Goals for you and your team
- Define gaps in your business and key areas that need to be address to avoid failure
- Monitoring and Measurement
- How do you set goals
- How do you continue to evaluate what you need to start, stop and keep doing.
Tools you will receive:
- Editable Business Strategy Presentation:
Step by Step Template to produce a professional business strategy presentation for key decision makers
- 16 Worksheets that help you create a winning business plan.